You are not logged in.

falcotron

Professional

• "falcotron" started this thread

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 6:43am

Glory Points

At first I thought glory points were a pointless idea.

But when I hit level 25, and could lose GP for attacking level-7s, I started to think about whether it was worth it, especially since I'm in a tight race for the 3rd-place special title. And I actually decided not to attack level-7s.

And the challenge of trying to stay near the top haulers without being able to attack 7s (and now 8s) makes the game more fun.

And, after talking to the other 25s, none of them were attacking 7s either.

So, this turned out to work much better than I expected.

As a protection for low-levels, though, a 7 can still be completely slaughtered by a 24. Meanwhile, at level 60, I imagine it might sometimes be hard to find SFs searching only 42+. So, maybe it would have been better to make it based on a percentage of your level rather than 18 levels. (Assuming I'm right about the 18 levels, that is.)

Also, this could push people over the hauling horizon sooner. (I probably can't haul as well without the lower levels, so the time when wages outstrip hauling will come earlier.) And that's one of the things that makes the game stale at higher-levels.

But still, it's definitely an interesting change, and makes the game different from and maybe better than HW and TG, so kudos.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 12:43pm

i saw some on the faq or gudeline about the glory points
so i think when u get to lvl 30 u can also loose them if u get atacked by lower lvls and loose

falcotron

Professional

• "falcotron" started this thread

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 8:22am

i saw some on the faq or gudeline about the glory points
so i think when u get to lvl 30 u can also loose them if u get atacked by lower lvls and loose
I'm pretty sure you saw something that some player came up with as a guess and everyone has been repeating as fact ever since.

The only mention of GP in the FAQ is in Fights, under the section "How come players with a higher level than mine can attack me? I've got no chance, then!":

Quoted from "'FAQ""

If the level difference is significantly large, your opponent will be docked Glory Points.
This has nothing to do with level 30. Or with who wins or loses. If you're the attacker, and the level difference is high enough (e.g., 25 vs. 7), you lose GP, win or lose.

All the game guide says is:

Quoted from "Introduction"

Glory Points: You earn Glory Points for fighting. You rise in rank the more Glory Points you have. If you fight players significantly weaker than you, Glory Points will be deducted.

Quoted from "Introduction"

If you attack players on a significantly lower level, then Glory Points will be deducted from you. If you do this too often, you will drop in rank.
The level 30 idea came from someone (I don't remember who, and wouldn't want to put the blame on their head if I knew) guessing that GP can only be gained or lost after level 30 because the Philanthropist achievement is for "100 consecutive fights after level 30 without losing Glory Points!" Obviously, this was wrong, because you can lose them at 25.

The part about the lower-level winning came from Sutekh telling us that the lower-level can win GP in a fight against a sufficiently high-level, but he thought nobody was high-level enough yet. Some player (me, in this case, so I get the blame) guessed that the higher-level might also lose GP. Sutekh said, "Maybe, I'd have to check," but never gave us an answer. I no longer think it's likely, but that doesn't matter--either way, it's just a guess by me, and I don't know any better than anyone else.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 1:46am

sorry i have a bad memory its on the player statistic page

8| Fights without deduction of glory points (level 30 upwards).0