You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to A.I. War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

falcotron

Professional

• "falcotron" started this thread

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 1:53am

Game Help

I just wanted to say that, other than a few little glitches, the help in this game is amazing.

The instructions page is still a bit of a muddled mess, as in HW and TG, but it's rarely necessary anymore. The "?" context help on each page pretty much tells you everything you need to know on that page, the Tutorial popups are useful, and the welcome message gives you enough to get started and to answer most of the noob questions.

And the English translations are great, too, so not all of the praise goes to the German dev team.

The only problem is that all of the players so far are coming from HW and TG, so they don't expect these new sources of help and don't look for them. But I think that as AIW starts attracting new players from outside the GAS-verse, they will be very happy.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 6:10am

I agree. The level of information on what everything is and how to play is excellent compared to HW. Once a few confusing points, glitches, and typos are worked out, AIW will be very user friendly for anyone stepping into the game. Having explanations and help tips in-game instead of buried away in the forum FAQ is a big leap forward.

Now if we could just convince people to read them. I can't even count the number of new players who ask SB questions about stuff that popped up on their screen in a tutorial window, but that they deactivated without reading. :rolleyes:

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 12:24pm

I must also agree in full. Apart from several spelling errors and glitches this game is picture perfect.

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 11:16pm

I agree the info you get both when you start the game and on each page is very good i also like the fact that you can switch the tutorial back on

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 12:31am

Ah Good, I'm not the only one in awe at GAS' consideration of the players, let alone new ones.. :P

falcotron

Professional

• "falcotron" started this thread

Sunday, November 15th 2009, 12:32pm

Of course this hasn't eliminated the noob questions, it just means they're harder to answer. My favorites so far:
  • The pop up thing said go on a mission. How do I go on a mission? And what does this Start Mission button do?
  • how to get out of work??? i click the btn and it sez i hav to slect the chekbox first???
  • can some1 tell me what level am i
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 7:01pm

Of course this hasn't eliminated the noob questions, it just means they're harder to answer. My favorites so far:
  • The pop up thing said go on a mission. How do I go on a mission? And what does this Start Mission button do?
  • how to get out of work??? i click the btn and it sez i hav to slect the chekbox first???
  • can some1 tell me what level am i
I fight for become a AI pl0x? Plz maek me tiem play a AI, yes?

Heh. Game Help's been great so far.
But what's GAS? ?(

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 1:42am

GAS = GameArt Studio - the company that makes Holy War, Tagoria and AI War..................... or what you get when you eat too many beans 8)

Friday, November 27th 2009, 11:33am

Great game!

I can hardly wait to see some of the improved features in Tag. The big one for me is the ability to leave work whenever I want to. You don't know how many times I've put my guy on the farm in Tag and immediately remembered that there was something else I had wanted to do first, or that I had left an item on the market when I should have taken it off. It's also great for times when you don't know how long you'll be away from the game. Just set it to maximum time and pull out of work when you come back.